Developed by the EPA
ERMI was developed by the Environmental Protection Agency to revolutionize and standardize mold testing in the United States. It uses CSI-like DNA analysis to detect mold unlike any previous test.
DNA mold analysis is 99.99% accurate. Out of all the other mold testing methods, the best is 56% accurate. No other test will provide data nearly as reliable as MSQPCR, which ERMI uses.
DNA analysis detects fragments of a spore and quantifies the exact number of spores in the tested sample. If any spores of the tested mold types are in the sample, they will be found and counted.
ERMI DNA testing determines the species of mold found, not just the genus. No more Aspergillus/Penicillium-like. Know exactly how many spores of each species of Aspergillus and Penicillium were in the tested sample. Having this information gives you a much better direction regarding if and how to remediate. No more guessing.
- Aspergillus fumigatus, Neosartorya fischeri
- Aspergillus ochraceus / ostianus
- Aspergillus restrictus / caesillus / conicus
- Aspergillus sclerotiorium
- Aspergillus unguis
- Aspergillus versicolor
- Aspergillus penicillioides
- Cladosporium sphaerospermum
- Eurotium (Aspergillus) amstelodami / chevalieri / herbariorum / rubrum / repens
- Penicillium purpurogenum
- Stachybotrys chartarum
- Aspergillus flavus / oryzae
- Aspergillus niger / awamori / foetidus / phoenicis
- Aspergillus sydowii
- Aureobasidium pullulans
- Chaetomium globosum
- Paecilomyces variotii
- Penicillium brevicompactum / stoloniferum
- Penicillium corylophilum
- Penicillium crustosum / camembertii / commune / echinulatum / solitum
- Penicillium glabrum / lividum / purpurescens / spinulosum / thomii
- Penicillium variable
- Scopulariopsis brevicaulis / fusca
- Scopulariopsis chartarum
- Trichoderma viride / atroviride / koningii
- Wallemia sebi
- Acremonium strictum
- Alternaria alternata
- Cladosporium cladosporioides svar. 1
- Cladosporium cladosporioides svar. 2
- Cladosporium herbarum
- Aspergillus ustus
- Epicoccum nigrum
- Mucor amphibiorum / circinelloides / hiemalis / indicus / mucedo / racemosus / ramosissimus and Rhizopus azygosporus / homothalicus / microsporus / oligosporus / oryzae
- Penicillium chrysogenum
- Rhizopus stolonifer
No Outdoor Control Sample
ERMI has the outdoor control sample built in. By testing for Group 1 (Water Intrusion Molds) and Group 2 (Outdoor Fungi) and comparing the two, you get a comparison and can determine the relative moldiness of the building. This makes ERMI more efficient in cost and time.
Because DNA analysis uses dust samples it provides a historical perspective you cannot get from other methods. Other tests are a ‘snapshot in time’ where you see only what is present at that precise time. DNA analysis finds mold as old as the dust it is in. This is useful for guaranteeing remediation of a property is complete and detecting problems that are slow, but growing over time.
No Confounding Variables
Air sampling methods are affected by temperature, humidity, rain, HVAC fans, overloading, and other variables. By sampling dust and using mass instead of volume, DNA analysis is immune to these issues that can significantly affect results.
ERMI was designed to be easy to interpret and useful. Each test gets a score from -10 to 20 that indicates how moldy the property is. For homes, this score is relative to thousands of homes across the nation, so you get meaning instead of just numbers.
Order an ERMI Analysis
$249.99 for ERMI Analysis and Dust Collector